Graphic designer, web design intern, software developer and moreAugust 12, 2011 by Brittany Mascio
We’re excited to bring you our 65th Opportunities on the Prairie today, with positions from Xuba, Sergeant’s Pet Care Products in Omaha, ProviderTrust, Firespring, Swanson Russell in Lincoln, Neb, Adcuda and Red Nova Labs in Kansas City, AdEasel in Des Moines, Green Mail Inc. in Johnston, Iowa and The State of South Dakota Bureau of Information and Telecommunications in Pierre, S.D.
If you or your company have one to add, please contact Brittany Mascio at email@example.com with the listing and a short description of your company. We’re looking for all types of opportunities, from week-long projects to full-time positions. We hope to help you make a connection.
If you apply to one below, please make sure to mention that you found it on Silicon Prairie News.
Xuba connects people with the information they need, the products they want and with each other, through innovative and evolving online communities that they trust.
This part-time position requires 20 hours per week. This is a six month position with the opportunity for permanent employment.
As Web Design Intern at Xuba, you will be involved with a number of exciting responsibilities:
- Work directly with our web designer
- Create creative and engaging e-mails, banners and web pages
- Develop designs that consistently capture and support the brand identity
- Utilizing state-of-the-art email tools to create a highly personalized email experience
Sergeant’s Pet Care Products is one of America’s oldest and most respected manufacturers and marketers of pet supplies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of design projects, including large scale initiatives, as well as multiple deadline-driven projects. As part of the design process, you’ll be expected to reference the competitive marketplace and demonstrate your understanding by applying that knowledge in your design development. The successful candidate will bring experience in integrating color theory, typography and print process expertise, to meet internal and external customer needs, and should be confident in presenting designs and product concepts in a concise and professional manner. This position will report to the Graphics Manager.
ProviderTrust is a healthcare risk mitigation and technology services firm.
ProviderTrust is seeking talented software developers at our Lincoln, NE offices to join our growing healthcare SaaS organization. As a member of the software engineering team, the successful candidate will work on emerging technologies to enhance ProviderTrust’s existing products and to develop innovative new products and solutions.
Will be a vital member of small project teams and play a critical role in driving projects to success. Will collaborate with other team members to provide best of breed solutions to ProviderTrusts’ national client-base. ProviderTrust employees also benefit from a professional development process that helps employees work towards their career goals and take advantage of numerous opportunities for professional advancement within the organization.
Firespring provides web and marketing services for small businesses, nonprofit organizations and entrepreneurs.
Firespring is growing rapidly and needs 5 talented people to join our team in Lincoln, Nebraska. We’re going to great extremes to find talented programmers. While we opted not to require that our new team members code in the nude, we did decide to pay $3,000 in cash to anyone who refers someone that we hire.
So dust off the Rolodex® (if you don’t know what that is, ask Dad) and make a list of your friends and family members who know that 1) PHP is not a drug, and 2) MySQL does not refer to a bad movie remake. Our ideal candidate is a dyed-in-the-wool geek who cares more about working on projects that truly make a difference in the world than they do about displaying their magnetic personality.
Swanson Russell is a full-service marketing communications agency.
Do you like the internet? We don’t just mean the pretty pictures and animated gifs of people falling down. We mean creating online experiences, solving problems and pushing yourself to unearth big-time ideas. Excellent, because we’re hiring an Interactive Designer.
We prefer if you work on a computer. Actually, we require it. Because hey, it’s the internet. Specifically, you’ll need to know HTML, CSS, Flash, After Effects and Final Cut Pro. You’ll also want to be proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop. And if you’ve got Digital Video and 3D experience, that’s a big plus, too. In addition to being able to use a computer for more than just scanning through funny cat pictures, you’ll need strong communication, organization and time management skills – as well as a two or four year degree in design or a related field, and at least a year of professional design experience.
Adcuda is an online marketing company focused in web design, search engine marketing strategies and email marketing.
We’re seeking an “Adcuda Advocate” who will act as a PR coordinator and help continually strengthen our online presence. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Event Planning
- Lunch and Learns – lunch meetings with perspective clients and outside guests featuring informative presentations aimed at outlining what we have to offer (at least four per year)
- One annual regional-style online marketing conference
- Scheduling and managing internal events and meetings
- Capitalizing on PR Opportunities
- HARO (helpareporter.com)
- Networking local groups, creating leads
- Online tech outlets creating press
- Local news outlets creating press
Red Nova Labs is a web development and marketing agency as well as a technology think-tank.
Wanted: jack-of-all marketing communications guru to report to CMO. Must be able to execute on small ideas and big ideas alike—that means a full array of marcom skills including project management, public relations, messaging, writing, collateral design, web layout, event planning, speaking, dancing or whatever it takes to show the universe that our web-based marketing systems are the best in their respective markets.
AdEasel is a web and marketing agency that provides integrated solutions for corporate, non-profit and small business clients around the Midwest, nation and globe.
Green Mail Inc. – Business Development/Sales Executives (Johnston, IA)
Green Mail Inc. Internet Marketing offers the creation and sends e-mail newsletters, promotions and e-cards with packages geared around a full-service or do-it yourself campaign style.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience required – preferably advertising, direct marketing and will consider all sales backgrounds
- Strong knowledge of the Central Iowa marketplace, merchants and attractions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision, creative thinker and meet deadlines
- Technically Savvy and strong B2B sales
- Experience with Marketing, Advertising and Social Media skills are beneficial to the right individuals. Competitive compensation – base + commission.
State of South Dakota Bureau of Information and Telecommunications – Social Media Manager (Pierre, SD)
The State of South Dakota Bureau of Information and Telecommunications is the partner in technology and broadcasting for the state.
This position oversees the development and implementation of a new media strategy and monitors and evaluates social media trends, tools, and technologies; and makes recommendations for implementation to the Commissioner of the Bureau of Information and Telecommunications. This position is exempt from the Career Service Act. Incumbent reports to the Commissioner of the Bureau of Information and Telecommunications.
- work with Governor’s office and agencies helping them to respond to public information inquiries via new media outlets
- serve as an agency liaison for new media relations
- work with the governor’s office assisting with electronically managing the marketing of agency press releases
- respond to various agency and departmental priorities and events
- coordinate video and audio production of content and upload to agency websites
- develop and implement a process for creating and posting content to multiple agency websites
- ongoing training and support to agencies