The Loosecubes of the Silicon PrairieSeptember 13, 2011 by Danny Schreiber
Bizperc, located in Kansas City’s Crossroads Arts District, is one of three Kansas City coworking spaces listed on Loosecubes. Screenshot from loosecubes.com.
Following John Meyer‘s Tools of the Trade on Friday about Loosecubes, we saw Twitter chatter increase about who’s on the site, who signed up for it, who’s currently coworking and who will now be giving it a try.
Curious to see the site’s traction in the region, I conducted a search of the areas within the five states we currently cover – South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri – and found 13 listings. (Left, screenshot from loosecubes.com.)
Outside of the results, I found one not listed, Foundry Coworking of Des Moines, but overall, it seemed like the list was quite complete, even with inclusion of Rahul Gupta‘s #CoworkingWednesday which he hosts weekly at his home office.
Starting off in the North and working our way South, here are the Loosecubes of the Silicon Prairie:
Note: All links below go to venue’s Loosecubes page
- CAMP – Coworking space in North Downtown
- WDBC – Company office in West Omaha
- #CoworkingWednesday – Home office in Midtown
- Nate GLE – Company office
- Foundry Coworking (not on Loosecubes) – Coworking space in Downtown
- Silicon Prairie News Des Moines HQ (that’s us!) – Shared office in DowntownPella
- Veel Hoeden – Coworking spaceCedar Rapids