With the trio of typical Weekly Wrap-Up hosts — Jeff, Dusty and Danny — scattered to the four winds — or Chicago, Lincoln and Boston, respectively — today, Brittany and I were left to tackle WWU episode No. 107.
And since Facebook made such a splash with its f8 announcements on Thursday, we decided to one-up the world’s foremost social network with “SPN f9″ on Friday. What exactly does that mean, you ask?
It means you should hold onto your hats … because SPN Timeline is on its way!!! I kid, I kid. It basically means that I made a few lazy Facebook jokes. And that we wore vests.
Astute observers who tuned into Facebook’s f8 Livestream may have noticed an alarming number of vests being sported by the broadcast’s hosts. Seriously, the vest-to-host ratio was astronomical. And for what? I mean, vests don’t keep your arms warm … and does your torso really require that much more heat than your appendages?
But I digress. Not to be outdone by f8’s swankily suited hosts, Brittany and I both dressed — or should I say “vest”? — to impress as we inVESTigated the Silicon Prairie’s top stories. Here’s what we covered in our review of the week that was on the Silicon Prairie.
Mentioned this week:
- Facebook’s announcements at f8
- The Silicon Prairie room on Chill
- “Thinc Iowa: Announcing Milne, Vitrano and more sponsors“
- “Startup Weekend KC’s Call Me Meeting finalist in TwiliCon contest“
- “Zaarly and Dwolla win Ad Age’s Digital West Brand hacks“
- “Scheduling app CheckASchedule to launch tonight at Saigon Surface“
- “ShareWhere provides location-based planning power, savings“
- “With a ‘wow’ moment, Your Happy Plate wins Startup Weekend Omaha“
- “Startup Weekend Omaha: Teams and Day 2 photos“
- “Jeff Raikes on the Raikes School, entrepreneurs doing good (Video)“
- “Jeff Raikes on Huskers, area startups, entrepreneurial advice (Video)“
- “PrairieCast with Brian Hemesath of Catchwind, VolunteerLocal”
- Startup Weekend Iowa City and Startup Weekend Columbia