Tune in here: Startup Weekend KC final pitches live-streaming at 4:45November 13, 2011 by Danny Schreiber
Kicking off at 4 p.m., tune in here to watch the 12 Startup Weekend Kansas City teams pitch their ideas to a panel of five judges. Each team will have five minutes to pitch what they’ve come up with and built over 54 hours. Expect to see demos of new products, logos of new companies and business models of new players in the market.
Judging the competition will be Kathy Walker of OPENAIR Equity Partners, Joel Wiggins of ECJC, Carrie Royce of Red Nova Labs, Clay Patterson of Cerner Corporation and Danny Schreiber of Silicon Prairie News (that’s me!). The teams will be judged on three criteria (weighed equally): business model, customer validation and execution.
The live stream is produced by Adcuda, a Kansas City-based online marketing agency specializing in search engine optimization, pay per click and email marketing. And a group of awesome people – you can thank them on Twitter, @adcuda.
Follow the attendees of Startup Weekend Kansas City with our Twitter List: “Startup Weekend KC IV Attendees“
Here’s tonight’s presentation order:
- Representin.Me – Election information without hype and candidate information that’s the truth – ad free in one place representin.me; @representinme
- Dawg BnB – Find a place for your “dawg” while you’re gone; dawgbnb.com, @dawgbnb, Facebook
- Plug in Live – Online music collaboration with live video and/or audio; pluginlive.net, @pluginlive
- Snap Software – Web-based app for football coaches to make in-game decision; snapsoftware.biz, @snapsoftware, Facebook
- Fame In – A loyalty based service creating a special bond between you and the places you frequent; famein.co, @famein
- Graphtershock – Takes 2D graphs and large data sets and turns them into 3D and 4D engaged intelligence; (no website)
- CookingClasses.com – Helps people learn about new food to enhance their eating choices; cookingclasses.com, @cookingclasses
- Instantly In* – Create Twitter-based contests and voting marketing campaigns, instantly; instantly.in, @instantlyin (*Presenting but not competing)
- Where’s My Twin – Help matching look-a-likes across the world; wheresmytwin.com, Facebook
- Horsebot3k – Gauges validity and intellect of reviews based off the intelligence of its author; horsebot3k.com, @horsebot3k
- Bold Predictions – Predict the future, share with your friends, compete against people and then have a a way to know who was right; bold-predictions.com; @predictboldly
- Merry Plate – Tracks and adjusts your meals anytime, anywhere; merryplate.com, @merryplate, Facebook
- In Your Party – Find the best place for your group to meet; inyourparty.com, @inyourparty