Photo by Razvan Caliman via Flickr
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
- Danny Lockard joined T8 Webware (Cedar Falls, Iowa) full-time, formerly an intern, as a System Administrator
- Present.io (Des Moines), an app that records audio and slides at meetings and uploads that content to the cloud for later consumption, launched – present.io and SPN
- Electric Pulp (Sioux Falls, S.D.) provided a new user interface and user experience for City.com
- DocLanding (Omaha) rolled out its “email digital content to DocLanding” feature – blog.doclanding.com
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) rolled out Zaarly Alerts – blog.zaarly.com and zaarly.com
- Grain & Mortar (Omaha) – Lifehacker: “The Industrial Brick and Wood Workspace“
- Goodsmiths (Des Moines) – Des Moines Register: “Iowa-based online startup offers a twist in crafts sales“
- Hudl (Lincoln), Dwolla (Des Moines) and Princess Lasertron (Omaha) – The Daily Muse: “The New Start-up Scene: Silicon Strip to Silicon Mitten” and SPN
- University of Nebraska Technology Park (Lincoln, Neb.) and the Iowa State University Research Park (Ames, Iowa) – Network World: “Business incubators tap university talent“
- QuickCal (Omaha) – The Fanatic Z on YouTube: “App Review: QuickCal“
- VoterTide (Omaha) – Campaigns & Elections: “Technology Bytes: Social media monitoring“
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Drone Journalism Lab (Lincoln, Neb.) – International Journalists Network: “Five things you need to know about drone journalism” and Wall Street Journal Tech Europe: “Drones Fly into Media Role“
- Uses This – Silicon Prairie Edition: “Scott Rocketship“
- Startup Foundation Des Moines, a nonprofit formerly facilitated by Silicon Prairie News’ Geoff Wood, ended its pilot program – SPN: “Startup Foundation pilot program ends“
- Ben Milne was named to Forbes’ magazine “30 Under 30″ list in its finance field – Forbes, SPN and Des Moines Register
- Tim Siedell, a.k.a. @BadBanana, was No. 1 on Paste Magazine’s “100 Best Twitter Accounts of 2011“
- Entrepreneurs Unpluggd (Chicago), a blog and events company that held an event in Kansas City in November released a video of one of its speakers: “Zaarly CEO Bo Fishback Shares Tips On Finding Customers“
- Think Big Partners (Kansas City) announced it will be holding one of its “Think Big” events in Memphis, Tenn.: “The South Thinks Big: Introducing Think Big Memphis!“
- Iowa State University created a new IT/business major for social media mavens – radioiowa.com