Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News. To submit an item for consideration, please email email@example.com or use the form below.
“Introducing NEXT” – Startup Weekend is rolling out a four-week pre-accelerator course to help teams from its events move forward on their idea after the Sunday night pitch session.
“This is about DIY cities, it’s taking an entrepreneurial, hacker approach to civic thing.” – Neighbor.ly founder Jase Wilson told VentureBeat in a recent story about the Kansas City startup. – VentureBeat
- Brad Carson, formerly with Yellow Book, joined Syncbak as an IT engineer – The Iowa City Gazette
- Ralph Doehrmann, formerly with Broadcast Interactive Media, joined Syncbak as a senior software engineer – The Iowa City Gazette
- Book’d – Book’d Launching Scheduling Platform to Fill Tungle Void for Service Providers – BetaKit
- Neighbor.ly – Startup Spotlight: How to fund civic projects without the government – VentureBeat
- Hudl and Hurricane Sandy – Hudl
- The “Entrepreneur Subculture” – Growthology
- How Atebits’ Letterpress Could Really Shine (and Make a Lot of Money) – Jerod Santo
- Charmed by Angels – Jack Perry
Credits: Screenshot from startupweekend.org.