The Thinc Iowa 2012 Video Series makes its debut Thursday
Thinc Iowa 2012 emcee Antonio Neves took the stage Oct. 10 to prepare our 400-plus attendees for two days of presentations packed with inspiration, motivation and education.
Like Neves, this post is here to prepare you for the Thinc Iowa 2012 Video Series that starts tomorrow. This three-week series presents one speaker video per day. Thinc Iowa featured a diverse mix of speakers, from the co-founder of one the nation’s most storied internet startups …
Like Neves, this post is here to prepare you for the Thinc Iowa 2012 Video Series that starts tomorrow. This three-week series presents one speaker video per day. Thinc Iowa featured a diverse mix of speakers, from the co-founder of one the nation’s most storied internet startups to an ex-IDEO employee who dares to re-invent the email inbox. Those speakers shared valuable stories and lessons learned from their unique journeys.
Here’s a preview of the video series lineup, along with links to a recap of each speaker’s talk:
- Steve Case: “All great ideas start as weird ideas”
- Tara Hunt: You can’t control luck, but you can certainly work on the rest
- Brad Feld: “It’s a 20-year journey”
- Brian Spaly: Debunking common myths about startups
- Ryan Graves: It starts with hustle
- Gentry Underwood: “Be willing to ride that whole wave through”
- Ron J. Williams: Entrepreneurship can be magical, but it ain’t magic
- Antonio Neves: “Create your own luck”
- Jeremie Miller: Tech entrepreneur sprouts from Iowa farm roots
- Danielle Morrill: “Shot selection is important”
- Steve Greenwood: The complexity of relationships
- Extended Speaker Q&A: From startup “why” to startup style, speakers cap day with lively Q&A
- Neal Sales-Griffin: Solving problems, making things and having fun
- Dane Maxwell: “How you treat your wife is how you treat your business”
- Idan Cohen: What we should expect from TV
Thinc Iowa 2012 Video Series presented by Iowa Economic Development
Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) is dedicated to supporting innovation by connecting entrepreneurs with resources and development opportunities in Iowa. It salutes the founders of today and tomorrow; encouraging ideas that will invigorate a new economy. Please visit iowaeconomicdevelopment.com for more information on how IEDA can help your business ideas come to life.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.