The Technology Association of Iowa this week announced the finalists for the 2014 Prometheus Awards, which will be held April 9 in Des Moines.
With 93 nominations submitted across the Awards’ 13 categories, TAI says the showing for the ninth-annual Prometheus Awards represents “one of the most highly competitive pools to date.”
Iowa startups and a number of startup leaders were nominated in a number of categories, including:
- Mobile App of the Year: Allied, Hatchlings Match, Jackpot Party Casino Slots and NCLEX Mastery
- Top Growth Company of the Year: Caleris, Higher Learning Technologies, MediRevv and PhantomEFX
- CEO of the Year: Wade Arnold, Banno; Brad Dwyer, Hatchlings; Dennis Henderson, Ready Wireless; Chris Klitgaard, MediRevv; Ben Milne, Dwolla; and Alec Whitters, Higher Learning Technologies
- Student Innovation of the Year: clusterFlunk, Collegio Innovation, Gross Renewables LLC, Iowa Student Learning Institute, Solverpedia, University of Northern Iowa and Widespread Threads
- Break Out Award: Higher Learning Technologies, BirdDog, PhantomEFX, My Online Camp and Dwolla
- Outstanding Startup Company of the Year: eVizzit, Foundations in Learning, GoodBlogs, iTracking Research and TelePharm
The winners of each category will be announced during the event April 9 from 5-8:30 p.m. at the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center in Des Moines. Tickets for the Prometheus Awards can be purchased online and cost $89 for TAI members or $100 for non-members.
For a complete list of finalists, visit the Technology Association of Iowa’s website.