The That Dragon, Cancer team launched a Kickstarter campaign last week to get help fund the game.
Every Monday Silicon Prairie News’ editorial team will share some of the interesting regional content we’ve read as well as SPN’s most-read stories over the last week.
SPN’s most-read stories from last week
- “What does publicity from a half-marathon mean for Bulu Box?” by Jordan Pascale (11/11)
- “KCSV announces new co-working space, Village Square” by Megan Bannister (11/10)
- “Borrow For Your Bump redesigns, adds subscription box” by Jordan Pascale (11/10)
- “Iowa Startup Accelerator Launch Day draws 800+ to Cedar Rapids” by Megan Bannister (11/7)
- “Which Silicon Prairie startup won our Halloween costume contest?” by SPN Newsroom (11/7)
- VolunteerLocal landed a deal with Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival to be the software platform used to sign up volunteers for its annual summer event. — Des Moines Register
- The Iowa Startup Bus is back! Put your name down to ride from Iowa City and Cedar Rapids to Startup Weekend Cedar Falls this Friday. — Tikly
- The Technology Association of Iowa held its annual Women of Innovation Awards last week. — Technology Association of Iowa
- That Dragon, Cancer launched a Kickstarter campaign to make its inspirational game a reality. — Kickstarter
- Des Moines Startup Drinks is Wednesday evening at the Longest Yard to celebrate two years of 1 Million Cups in Des Moines. — Facebook
- The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation released its 2015 Thoughtbook. — Kauffman Foundation
- Startup Weekend Kansas City took over the Sprint Accelerator this weekend with more than 75 participating. — Twitter
- Global Entrepreneurship Week officially kicks off today. Find a full listing of events online. — GEW
- Check out Startup Angels’ resource about Kansas City, including notable success stories, key players and more. — Startup Angels
- Bulu Box is currently a Microsoft BizSpark featured app. — Microsoft BizSpark
- Creighton University hosted its second 3 Day Startup event this weekend. — Twitter
- The CEO Club at University of Nebraska – Omaha took home four awards from the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization Nationals Conference. — University of Nebraska – Omaha
- Matt Atchison shares his thoughts on why we should be cultivating youths’ entrepreneurial spirit. — Omaha World-Herald
We love to hear what you’re up to! Read something interesting about entrepreneurship or startups in the Midwest? Send it our way at email@example.com.