Lincoln-based accelerator NMotion has announced seven startups for its 2015 summer program. Brian Ardinger, managing director of NMotion, …
“We like the mix of founders and ideas for our 2015 cohort and are excited about working with this group. Applications were up 55% from the previous year and included applications from all over the world, so it was tough making the final cut,” said Ardinger.
The final list includes startups from Lincoln, Omaha, Kansas City and Iowa City.
“Even though worldwide applications were higher than last year, it stands as a testament to this region that we chose so many startups from our own backyard.” said Ardinger.
This year’s batch includes the following teams:
- BugEater Labs – Food products based on innovative cricket-based protein
- Comp’d – Subscription service for live shows and entertainment
- Grabicon – Marketing tools for developers
- Intellifarm – Intelligent machinery for agriculture
- MyBlock – A rating system for neighborhoods
- Seamster.io – Marketing platform for contextual content delivery
- SpectatorApp – Mobile platform for local sports statistics
NMotion startups will receive $15,000 in seed capital in exchange for a 6% equity stake. They will also receive coworking space and access to over 100 mentors, developers, and designers. The 90-day program will begin April 27 and will end with a demo day on July 28th in Lincoln.
The program is funded by Invest Nebraska, members of the Nebraska Angels, and other individual investors. It is sponsored by the University of Nebraska, NUtech Ventures, Nebraska Innovation Campus, as well as the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development, and Union Bank and Trust.
NMotion is a member of the Global Accelerator Network.