Five in Five with Caleb Pollard from Ord Sunshine Pumpers
Name: Caleb Pollard | Full-time job: Executive Director of Valley County Economic Development & the Ord Area Chamber of Commerce | City you’re blogging from: City? I’m located in the sweet spot of the Nebraska Sandhills: Ord, Neb. ...
Name: Caleb Pollard
Full-time job: Executive Director of Valley County Economic Development & the Ord Area Chamber of Commerce
City you’re blogging from: City? I’m located in the sweet spot of the Nebraska Sandhills: Ord, Neb.
1. What is the name, subject and URL of your blog?
Name: Ord Sunshine Pumpers
Subject: Community, economic and entrepreneurship development in rural Nebraska.
URL: ordsunshinepumpers.wordpress.com. As a side note, we will be moving to www.ordnebraska.com/blog when our new website is completed.
2. Why do you blog?
I blog for three reasons:
- One, because I love to write.
- Two, to communicate our story about a small slice of rural living.
- Three, to disseminate usable information to my local businesses community through social media.
3. How long have you been blogging and what blogging software do you use?
I’ve been blogging on/off again for about six years. I prefer WordPress, but have also used Blogger and Movable Type in the past.
4. What’s your favorite blog (besides your own)?
5. What do you think the state of the blogosphere is in our region?
I think it’s growing both in sophistication and customization, but I believe we have a handful hurdles to overcome when grooming a truly connected Prairie Blogosphere. SPN has gone a long way to push this to reality, yet smaller communities have yet to connect to this trend for a variety of reasons. Bringing a few of the progressive communities along, with their entrepreneurial community, is essential to the overall health of the prairie entrepreneurial ecosystem.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.