Fill up on entrepreneurial insight with the Thinc Iowa 2012 playlistDecember 13, 2012 by Michael Stacy
For two days in October, followers of our Thinc Iowa conference gorged on a smorgasbord of presentations about entrepreneurship and innovation.
Then, throughout the month of November, people had a chance to replenish their supply of lessons through the Thinc Iowa 2012 Video Series.
Now, nearing the midpoint of December, the cupboard has been bare for some time. But not any more. Today, we bring you a feast, in the form of our Thinc Iowa 2012 video playlist.
A compilation of footage captured Oct. 10 and 11 in Des Moines at our second Thinc Iowa conference, the playlist features 17 videos — an introduction from emcee Antonio Neves, a question-and-answer session with four Thinc Iowa speakers and 15 keynote-style talks — and lasts almost 10 hours.
So, without further ado, here’s an overview of the video playlist lineup, along with links to a recaps of the talks.
- Introduction from emcee Antonio Neves
- Brian Spaly: Debunking common myths about startups
- Danielle Morrill: “Shot selection is important”
- Dane Maxwell: “How you treat your wife is how you treat your business“
- Steve Case: “All great ideas start as weird ideas”
- Steve Greenwood: The complexity of relationships
- Ron J. Williams: Entrepreneurship can be magical, but it ain’t magic
- Gentry Underwood: “Be willing to ride that whole wave through”
- Extended Speaker Q&A: From startup “why” to startup style, speakers cap day with lively Q&A
- Antonio Neves: “Create your own luck”
- Neal Sales-Griffin: Solving problems, making things and having fun
- Tara Hunt: You can’t control luck, but you can certainly work on the rest
- Jeremie Miller: Tech entrepreneur sprouts from Iowa farm roots
- Lesa Mitchell: “We all must engage women in entrepreneurship“
- Brad Feld: “It’s a 20-year journey”
- Idan Cohen: What we should expect from TV
- Ryan Graves: It starts with hustle