Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News. To submit an item for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
“Banno’s Arnold cites need for ‘middle skills’ in IT sector” – Banno founder and CEO Wade Arnold told the Cedar Valley Business Monthly that he could use as many as 20 new workers with middle-skill technology expertise.
“Your product idea must be a painkiller, not a vitamin if you expect it to succeed.” – Augie Grasis shared his advice for startups in an interview with Women Innovate Mobile.
- John Brix has joined QA Graphics as a 3D designer – Press Release
Product and business updates
- Dwolla secured a partnership with the State of Iowa – Fast Company, Dwolla blog, State of Iowa, Des Moines Register, SPN, Fred Wilson’s blog, Quad-City Times, The Verge, Bank Technology News, The Gazette and Radio Iowa
- OneLouder released TweetCaster for the web – tweetcaster.com and OneLouder blog
- OneLouder released the second version of its 1Weather app – Google Play Store, OneLouder blog, Phandroid and Android Police
- Dwolla – “Milne plans to keep company in Des Moines” – Des Moines Register
- Dwolla – “Will Dwolla take off?” – Des Moines Register
- Bettrlife – “Tech Spotlight: App helps people change lifestyles” – Des Moines Register
- Heli-Now – “Urbandale rescue pilot hopes app will take flight”- Des Moines Register
- ScoutPro – “Improve Your Crop Scouting” – Corn & Soybean Digest
- Keyzio – “Kauffman program, business accelerator, help local man develop app” – KSHB
- Ben Milne of Dwolla – “Dwolla founder bears the burden of starting a tech revolution” – Des Moines Register
- Wade Arnold of Banno – “Banno’s Arnold cites need for ‘middle skills’ in IT sector” – Cedar Valley Business Monthly
- Paul Jarrett of Bulu Box – “Interview with Paul Jarrett, founder of BuluBox” – Jonah Lupton
- Joni Cobb of Pipeline – “Up Close: Joni Cobb, CEO of Pipeline Inc.” – Kansas City Business Journal
- Augie Grasis of Handmark – “The mentor in the room: Augie Grasis” – Women Innovate Mobile
- Jeremy Schoemaker of Shoemoney – ” ‘Shoemoney’ has made a bundle, sure, but now he’s building ‘a real company’ ” – Omaha World-Herald
- Pipeline – “Pipeline: Fellowship grads’ raised capital tops $31M” – Kansas City Business Journal
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- “Genachowski launches gigabit city challenge” – The Hill
- Goodsmiths, RareWire, Banno, Stackify and Social Money named to Entrepreneur.com’s list of “Five companies to watch in the Silicon Prairie“
- “Six teams pitch a startup ecommerce business” – Fusionfarm
- “The Golden Rule of Programming” – Matt Watson
- “Startups must be ready to change game plan” – Dan Shipton
- “Person to person for banks, in a line of code” – Dwolla
- “17 Simple Questions Successful Entrepreneurs Ask Before Starting Anything New” – Brent Beshore
- “Acquiring & Retaining Customers: SaaS & Subscription Models” – Nick Engelbart
- “Founder to CEO: Mastering the Unnatural” – Tim Henningsen
- “Hackovate Health Innovation Competition Could Alter KC’s Tech Scene” – Allison Way
- “2013 Predictions in Entrepreneurship” – Diana Kander
- “Who are the Entrepreneurship Profiteers?” – Diana Kander
- “Abraham Can’t Be Trusted With Fire” – Hudl
- “Front Flip Insider of the Week: Paul Castro” – Front Flip
- “Letter to the editor: Why no women were shown or mentioned?” – Des Moines Register
- “As Obama heads back to office, a battle rages over the tech that got him reelected” – The Verge
- Turnstone wants to give five Midwest startups $20,000 office makeovers – SPN and Des Moines Register
- The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation posted video of the “Something Ventured” panel discussion – Kauffman Foundation
- Diana Kander of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation presented at the Lean Startup Conference (Video) – Lean Startup Conference
- The Internet Infrastructure Coalition blogged about the Silicon Prairie film: “Celebrating Internet Freedom throughout the U.S.“
Credits: Screenshot from wimaccelerator.tumblr.com.
Prairie Moves are brought to you by Polsinelli Shughart PC
When it comes to technology, last week’s innovations are this week’s past practice. Polsinelli technology attorneys work on a daily basis with clients creating or using innovative technology. We understand each client’s business and provide value every step of the way. Check out our Science and Technology Law Group to learn more information.