Prairie Moves: Bryan Roth, Kaylin Brabec, Electric Pulp and more
Published every Tuesday, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News. If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you
Photo by Joshua Mayer via Flickr
Published every Tuesday, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bryan Roth (@bryanroth) joined DocLanding (Omaha) as an application developer
- Kaylin Brabec (@kaylinbrabec) and Nabile Coulibaly joined Phenomblue (Omaha) as Experience Producer and Jr. Experience Engineer, respectively
- Torsion Mobile (Des Moines) – $50,000 from Iowa Department of Economic Development’s Demonstration Fund – SPN post
- iapps24 (Des Moines) released StepTrace – itunes.apple.com
- Nelnet launched Loan Assist, a loan payment, management app for Android – market.android.com
- Electric Pulp (Sioux Falls) launched Octane Academy, a promotion by Ford, and The Climate Reality Project, Al Gore’s new initiative
- Archrival (Lincoln) launched The Bank, The Bank Apartments at the Farm Credit Building – archrival.com/work
- MindMixer (Omaha) debuted its first legislator-specific site, Lee Listens – SPN post
- Hudl (Lincoln) released an Android app – hudl.com/blog
- Syncbak (Marion, Iowa) added its technology to broadcast stations in Madison, Wis. and Des Moines – syncback.com
- SmartyPig Cash Rewards Card added a new batch of retailers – blog.smartypig.com
- Fundle (Iowa City) completed its first “Fundle” – twitter.com/fundleco
- Zaarly (Kansas City office, San Francisco-based) made iPhone app updates – blog.zaarly.com – and updated its users on security – blog.zaarly.com
- SkyVu (Omaha) and FunMobility (Pleasanton, Cal.) united to allow FunChat users to select Battle Bears characters as avatars – prweb.com
- Zaarly (Kansas City office, San Francisco-based) – CNET: “Zaarly: Not nearly as crazy as it appears“, ZDNet: “Service as a service: Zaarly leads the way” and TechCrunch: “Zaarly Security Glitch Exposes Private Messages, Phone Numbers“
- Dwolla (Des Moines) – GigaOm: “Square what? Dwolla shows the power of cash networks“, The Next Web: “Social payments system Dwolla surpasses $1mm per day in transactions“, Scribbal: “Dwolla’s Rapid Growth Continues, Now Processing $1M In Transactions Daily“, Credit Union Times: “Dwolla Adds Another Iowa CU as P2P Client” and “Dwolla reaches million-dollar milestone“, ABC 5 Des Moines: “Dwolla Hits Milestone, Partners with Credit Union” and Bitcoin Money: “Dwolla – $1 Million Per Day Transaction Volume” – SPN post
- PIPELINE (Kansas City) – Angel Capital Education Foundation: “PIPELINE: Great Mentoring For Promising Entrepreneurs“
- Pat Lazure of Deal Garden (Omaha) – NetNewsCheck: ” ‘Local’ Is Key To Expanding Deal Industry“
- Syncbak (Marion, Iowa) – Terry Heaton’s PoMo Blog: “Online broadcasting, oxymoron or solution?“
- Adam Coomes of Keymash (Kansas City) – Startup America Partnership: “Startup Weekend Brings Out The Best People“
- Drew Davies of Oxide Design (Omaha) – Shout: “7QYP: Drew Davies“
- Geoff Wood of Silicon Prairie News (Des Moines office) launched Eggcrates, stackable shelving – eggcrat.es
- Zaarly (Kansas City office, San Francisco-based) presenting at SF New Tech on Thursday – sfnewtech.com
- Ben Milne of Dwolla (Des Moines) will be presenting at The Future of Mobile conference in September – twitter.com/futureofmobile
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.