Prairie Moves: Justin Graves, GoodTwin Design, Zappn and more
Published every Tuesday (one day late this week), Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News. If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please
Photo by iluvrhinestones via Flickr
Published every Tuesday (one day late this week), Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
Note: We made some slight format changes this week, such as cutting down on the number of links. If you have feedback or suggestions on the format of Prairie Moves, please leave a comment below. We’ll be making a few more changes in the coming weeks.
- Chris Augeri (Omaha) started the Twitter account @MightyMoRiver, a crowd-sourced information aggregator. With the help of Bill Sousan and a team around the U.S., it’s evolved to mightymoriver.crowdmap.com
- SkyVu Entertainment (Omaha) previewed a new game, BATTLE BEARS BLAST – battlebears.com/blog
- GoodTwin Design (Omaha) redesigned their website – good-twin.com
- T8 Webware (Cedar Falls) launched German American Bancorp’s new website – germanamerican.com
- Dwolla (Des Moines) – Users can now manage social network connections – dwolla.com/blog; iPhone app updated – dwolla.com/blog
- QuickCal (Smelly Puppy, Omaha) – QuickCal in LaunchBar 5.1 – quickcalapp.com
- Justin Graves of Infegy (Kansas City) – SoftwareCEO.com: “Software Pricing, Hiring & Sales Insights from Infegy CEO Justin Graves“
- Zappn (Kansas City) – Fee Fighter blog: “[Case Study] KC Startup Zappn Wonders What Rev Figures To Use For Merchant Account Application“
- BATTLE BEARS (SkyVu Entertainment, Omaha) – CNET Review: “Android Atlas Weekly 55: Over 4.5 billion served (Podcast)“
- BATTLE BEARS BLAST (SkyVu Entertainment, Omaha) – The Appera: “BATTLE BEARS BLAST no longer free, made better, will release July 12“
- Phenomblue (Omaha) – Omaha World-Herald: “Phenomblue seizes golden opportunity“
- SmartyPig (Des Moines) – Lifehacker: “Use Separate Accounts for Simple Bucket Budgeting” and “Most Popular Bank for High-Interest Savings: ING Direct“
- Dwolla (Des Moines) – TheFinancialBrand.com: “Uncommon Objects“; BillDay.com: “Alternative Payment Systems, Part 4: Dwolla“; Credit Union Times: “Online Only: CashEdge Purchase Seen Boosting Fiserv P2P, Small Business Offerings“
- Kate Richling of Phenomblue – Shout! Weekly: “Nine Questions with a Young Professional, Who: Kate Richling, What: Marketing Director, Phenomblue“
- Zaarly (Kansas City) – Appolicious: “Zaarly iPhone app’s online marketplace needs some cleaning up“
- Kauffman Foundation (Kansas City) grants $3.2 Million to form KC STEM Alliance – kauffman.org
- PIPELINE (Kansas City) launched a regional Facebook page – facebook.com
- Ben Milne of Dwolla (Des Moines) gave a general update on his company’s blog: “Growth Happened.“
- StartupCity Des Moines gave a general update on their blog: “startupdate july 3“
- The website of What Cheer’s (Omaha) Big Omaha game, Selective Perspective Detective Objective (SPDO), was featured on Unmatched Sytle – unmatchedstyle.com
- Go Daddy (Scottsdale, Ariz.-based with offices in Hiawatha, Iowa) was sold to a group of private investment firms for $2.25 billion – Associated Press (Did you know? Go Daddy founder Bob Parsons originally started the firm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.)
- 9 Clouds (Sioux Falls) interns are looking for feedback for a tool they’re building for bloggers – surveymonkey.com
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.