Prairie Moves: William Kehr, Chad Tettenborn, FTNI and more
What is Prairie Moves? - Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News. If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post,
Photo by Jeff Slobotski
Reminder – Prairie Moves is now a bi-weekly series. Learn more in our most recent Prairie Moves. Also, a good portion of the items below are stories we will either cover in the coming days or ones we’ll miss covering because we can’t get to all of them. If you’d like to help us increase our content volume, check out our post: “Calling all contributors: SPN adding to team across the region“.
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Thursdays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Derek Van Horne, formerly with Edelman Digital in Chicago, joined Phenomblue (Omaha) as experience director
- Chad Tettenborn, formerly with First National Bank in Omaha, joined Financial Transmission Network Inc. (Omaha) as a sales executive
- William Kehr, formerly of Garmin in Olathe, Kansas, joined Red Nova Labs as a Senior Software Engineer
- Travis Wright joined Red Nova Labs to lead its SEO efforts
- Omaha by Design and the Omaha Public Art Commission have partnered to launch a free mobile app, which was developed by students in the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) College of Information Science and Technology – omahabydesign.org and publicartomaha.org
- Jerod Santo created a Kindle Cloud Reader bookmarklet to enable text selection, copy/paste and more – blog.jerodsanto.net
- Syncbak (Marion, Iowa) made installations in six more markets – syncbak.com
- Five and Fifty (Kansas City) announced SMS ad partner, expansion to four cities – SPN post
- Financial Transmission Network Inc. (Omaha), a provider of receivable management solutions, today announced that it has enhanced its ETran Receivables Platform to reduce risk and fraud for it check processing customers – ftni.com
- Kansas City mayors form Innovation Team to capitalize on Google Fiber – SPN post
- PeggyBank (Omaha) – TechCrunch: “Omaha Startup PeggyBank Digitizes Old Media For Online Sharing“
- Kickanotch (Kansas City) – GigaOm: “Kickanotch helps media publishers turn mobile apps into money“
- Zaarly (Kansas City office, San Francisco-based) – CNN Money: “Want a minion? There’s an app for that“
- Ben Milne of Dwolla (Des Moines) – Assistly blog: “Dwolla (The Little Startup on The Silicon Prairie) Rocks Customer Support with Assistly“
- Nebraska Angel Tax Credit Program opened its investor applications – SPN post
- Finalists selected for John Pappajohn Iowa Business Plan Competition – Press release
- The Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Omaha Young Professionals is now accepting RFPs for presenting at the 2012 YP Summit – omahachamber.org
- Iowa State University alum Steven VanRoekel was picked by President Obama to take over as federal CIO – washingtonpost.com
- Meredith (Des Moines) is now offering iPad Subscriptions to Better Homes and Gardens, Parents and Fitness through the App Store – prnewswire.com
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.