Prairie Moves: Eli Perelman, ShareWhere, LiveOn and more
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News. If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dan Buettner (Des Moines) released a beta version of PackageBot, a service to simplify tracking a user’s shipments from and to various places – packagebot.com and Dan Buettener’s blog
- 9 Clouds (Sioux Falls, S.D.) redesigned its website – 9clouds.com
- The New BLK (Omaha) redesigned it website – thenewblk.com
Product/Business Development and Milestones
- LockPath (Overland Park, Kan.), a provider of governance, risk and compliance applications, and Qualys, Inc., a provider of cloud information security and compliance management solutions, announced an integration partnership – Press Release
- Locusic (Des Moines) rolled out Stations, a way to play music from a specific set of artists regardless of genre – Locusic blog
- Goodsmiths (Des Moines) – Des Moines Register: “Goodsmiths set to debut ‘in the coming days.’ “
- FrontFlip (Kansas City) – Fox 4 KC: “App of the Week: FrontFlip“
- ShareWhere (Des Moines) – Tech Cocktail: “The Future Check-ins and starting up in Des Moines, ShareWhere founder Dylan Hamilton share insights“
- Dwolla (Des Moines) – Bloomberg: “Milne Says Dwolla Replaces Credit Cards” (Video)
- SkyVu Entertainment (Omaha) – Tapjoy: “Tapjoy: SkyVu profile” (Video) and B2B: “SkyVu Entertainment Pushes ‘Battle Bears’ Brand to Sky’s-the-Limit Vision of Mobile Games, TV, Film, Toys, Etc.“
- Grip by T8 Webware (Cedar Falls, Iowa) – Bank Technology News: “On-Demand PFM at Coastal“
- LiveOn (Kansas City) – CNN: “Hot startups spotted at SXSW“
- Wired: “How One Response to a Reddit Query Became a Big-Budget Flick“
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- 41 Action News: “Symantec CEO: Google fiber is great addition to Kansas City area“
- Moblico Solutions (Kansas City) was nominated by Mobiletrax for the 2012 Mobility Awards in the Mobile Marketing Platform category and the Application Development (Consumer) category – Mobiletrax
- Bo Fishback of Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office): “Raising a Seed Round: What You Need To Know” and “Should Your Startup Be ‘Data Driven’ “
- LiveOn (Kansas City): “The LiveOn Timeline vs. the Facebook Timeline: Where should you put your memories“
- Claude Aldridge (Kansas City): “Why Everyone Should Be An Entrepreneur by Neal Sharma“
- Torsion Mobile (Des Moines): “What’s New in Mojaba 1.3“
- Kansas City Business Journal: “Groupon tries new VIP program in Kansas City“
- Think Big Partners (Kansas City) conducted its Silicon Valley Showcase with 10 Midwestern startups – SPN
- Nebraska Summit on Entrepreneurship released a video: “Startups from the eye of a student“
- Hudl (Lincoln, Neb.) released a video showcasing its dance moves (and job openings): “Dance Party“
Credits: Photo by Anders Illum via Flickr
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.