Prairie Moves: Fast Company “pins” portrait of Ben Silbermann, Pinterest
Lead Read: "Can Ben Silbermann Turn Pinterest Into The World's Greatest Shopfront?" - Iowa native Ben Silbermann gives Fast Company (above) a rare look inside his startup's growth and pre-revenue phase status. Quotable: "Am I being good to those in my life? Startups are hard. They take commitment, from me and my family." - BitMethod's
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News.
“Can Ben Silbermann Turn Pinterest Into The World’s Greatest Shopfront?” – Iowa native Ben Silbermann gives Fast Company (above) a rare look inside his startup’s growth and pre-revenue phase status.
“Am I being good to those in my life? Startups are hard. They take commitment, from me and my family.” – BitMethod’s Dan Shipton shares three questions that keep him up at night. – Des Moines Register
- GoodTwin Design launched a redesigned website – goodtwin.co and NE Creative
- One 21 Labs designed and launched a new Jethro’s BBQ website for the Des Moines restaurant group – jethrosdesmoines.com
Product & Business Updates
- Divshot moved to Santa Monica, Calif. to enroll in Launchpad LA accelerator – SPN
- Hudl rolled out video capture and upload feature for mobile – Hudl
- Agren – Tech Spotlight: Company’s products boost conservation planning efforts – Des Moines Register
- Hudl – Buying Competitors: One Way of Increasing Market Share – Nebraska Entrepreneur
- Hudl – Augusta high schools use Hudl, cloud-based software, to review film of football opponents – The Augusta Chronicle
- Plains Angels – New Initiative: Plains Angels – Des Moines Business Record
- Banno – Wade Arnold, CEO of Banno, Presents Grip – Bank Innovation
- Dundee Venture Capital – Dundee on the hunt in Minnesota – TECHdotMN
- Geoff Wood of Silicon Prairie News – Eggcrates (Geoff Wood) (Video) – Think. Make. Ship.
- Start-ups get feedback at Innovation Expo – The Gazette
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- How the KC Library Got Google Fiber – The Kansas City Public Library
- Google’s Fiberhood Rally Results Are In, Now What? – KCUR
- Questions that keep me up at night – Dan Shipton
- Dwolla at FinovateFall 2012 – Dwolla
- Venture Capital: A Few Things to Remember – Growthology
- The “Big 5” could really help KC region’s quality of life – Kansas City Star
- Why MindMixer? (Short) (Video) – MindMixer
- The Right Pitch For The Audience – Business Innovation Zone
- Startup Crush: Hudl – Dwolla
- “Tiny Lincoln company plays big role for NFL teams” – Lincoln Journal Star
- The Omaha Game Developers Association released video of its interview with Raph Koster from its September meeting – OGDA
- Proxibid partnering with Hayneedle to provide online bidding for Street of Dreams showcase and auction benefitting the Susan G. Komen Foundation – Press Release
- eCreamery will be on “Shark Tank” Friday – SPN
Credits: Screenshot from fastcodesign.com.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.