Shout! Weekly releases its inaugural ’30 Under 30′ list
Shout!, Omaha's new alternative weekly newspaper, released its inaugural 30 Under 30 list yesterday. In the publication, the list's authors, Chris Larkin and Lisa Martin, described the effort as "a way to present stories of the achievements and aspirations found in the up-and-coming segment of Omaha." Congrats to all those recognized, and a special congrats
Shout!, Omaha’s new alternative weekly newspaper, released its inaugural 30 Under 30 list yesterday. In the publication, the list’s authors, Chris Larkin and Lisa Martin, described the effort as “a way to present stories of the achievements and aspirations found in the up-and-coming segment of Omaha.”
Congrats to all those recognized, and a special congrats to Erin Standley, senior designer at Phenomblue, who, while at BrightMix, led the user experience and design of the current version of our website, SiliconPrairieNews.com.
Below are the names, titles, companies, and Twitter handles of the 30 – to read the full article with pictures and a writeup about each, pick up a copy of Shout! (pictured left) at your neighborhood alternative weekly newspaper rack.
And thanks to those of you who took the time to nominate someone on short notice last Friday. We expect Shout! to publish this list annually, so make sure to keep an eye out for local entrepreneurs, innovators, and creatives that you feel deserve this special recognition.
The Shout! 30 Under 30
Note: Listed in the same order as found in Shout!’s print publication.
- Jara Sturdivant-Wilson, Advocacy Coordinator and Acting Associate Director of Advocacy, Word Made Flesh (@jara_b)
- Eric Williams, President, Omaha Biofuels Coop
- Joshua S. Strader, Tattoo Artist, Big Brain Productions
- Erin Standley, Senior Designer, Phenomblue (@tinyxl)
- Leah Ashley, Owner/Designer, Leah Ashley Designs (@leahashley)
- Jared Bakewell, President, Savings Sidekick
- Kate Richling, Freelance write and social media strategist, various organizations (@KateRichling)
- Sarah Riley, Fibonacci Goddess, Graffiti Tracker, (@geeketteSpeaks)
- Stefanie Monge, Mouthpiece, Graffiti Tracker, (@s_monger)
- Jason Stromquist, 2nd Trombone, Omaha Symphony
- Jason Degn, VP of Institutional Technology, College of Saint Mary (@jdegn)
- Lesley Peterson, Owner / Stationery Designer / Letterpress Printer, inclosed (@inclosed)
- Luis Guzman, Owner, Omaha Latino
- Grant Stanley, CEO, Contemporary Analysis (@GrantStanley)
- Sara Davidson, Marketing Specialist, Mutual of Omaha (@saradavidson)
- Jimmy Winter, Founder, RockDex, (@jimmywinter)
- John Hobbs, Lead Developer, TownCommons.com (@jmhobbs)
- Stacie McElligot, AM General Sales Manager, NRG Media
- Gerard Wellman, Doctoral Candidate/Instructor, University of Nebraska at Omaha (@gwellman)
- Brandon Herbel, Designer / Idea Machine, Make Believe, (@allworknosleep)
- Jordan Delmundo, Grants and Public Policy Manager, Nebraska AIDS Project
- Eric Gonzales, Public Information Officer, the Mexican American Commission
- Jon Cady, Lifeguard / Private Security Personnel, Life Time Fitness / Signal 88 Private Security, Founder, Great Omaha Pillow Fight (@jonmcady)
- Jessica McKay, Owner, Birdhouse Interior Design Consulting (@BirdhouseID)
- Keegan Niederdeppe, Advertising Coordinator, The Knot (@Keeganrae)
- Jennie Mason, Owner Designer, Radioactive Heart
- Megan Hunt, Owner/H.B.I.C., Princess Lasertron (@lasertron)
- Eric Downs, Owner, DownsDesign (@DownsDesign)
- Jonathan Tvrdik, Experience Design Director, Phenomblue, Producer/Owner, H-Minus Productions
- Eric Magnuson, Agency Operation Supervisor, FirstComp Insurance
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.