Portals premiering at KANEKO Oct. 5-6, call for social media enthusiastsSeptember 20, 2011 by Danny Schreiber
After an April visit for production and one performance, acclaimed violinest Tim Fain is returning to KANEKO in two weeks for the world premiere tour of Portals, a collaboration merging live performance with film, technology and social media.
On October 5 and 6, Fain will be performing live accompanied by an original film by Kate Hackett and Benjamin Millepied, the choreographer of “Black Swan.” In all, the performance involves participation from 20 artists, including the music of Philip Glass and poetry of Leonard Cohen. KANEKO’s Experimental Studio has been involved in the project as film co-producer.
For the performance the night of Thursday, October 6, we’re teaming up with KANEKO to hold a “Live Social Media Meet Up and Party” at Nomad Lounge while the performance takes place one building to the West in KANEKO.
“Portals is about the way we communicate through social media,” KANEKO CEO Hal France said in a release, “We are inviting people who love social media to help us understand how this project could connect people to the arts.”
Call for Social Media Enthusiasts
Here are the full details from France:
Portals: Social Media Experiment
KANEKO in partnership with Silicon Prairie News, The Nomad Lounge, the University of Nebraska-Omaha Arts and the Executive Program and the UNL School of Journalism is issuing a call for people to participate a Social Media Experiment on October 5 and 6 in connection with the Midwest premiere performances of Portals starring Tim Fain.
How does it works?
How many Social Media Experimenters are needed?
- 25 individuals
What is the commitment?
- Wednesday, Oct. 5, 7:30-9:30 p.m. – Attend the live performance of Portals at KANEKO
- Thursday, Oct. 6, 7:30-9:30 p.m. – Attend the Social Media Experiment Session at Nomad Lounge, and blog your thoughts and reactions while watching the live performance of Portals on Livestream
What do you get?
- Free tickets to Wednesday, Oct. 5 Midwest premiere Performance of PORTALS
- Invitations to a party at KANEKO on Oct 5, 9:00 – 10:00 and a Meet Up with Tim Fain at Nomad Lounge on Thursday, Oct. 6, 9:00 – 11:00
- The satisfaction of being part of a unique and really cool new performing project.
If interested, leave a comment below or sign up here:
Here’s the Portals trailer video (from The Silver Screen on YouTube):
Editor’s Note: Silicon Prairie News is a media sponsor of KANEKO Presents Portals