Sioux Falls-based accelerator opens application processJanuary 24, 2012 by Michael Stacy
The South Dakota Technology Business Center announced Thursday that the application process for its 2012 Accelerator is open and will run through March 30.
The Accelerator, based in Sioux Falls, offers up to 10 participants a one-week entrepreneurship boot camp and 12 weeks of follow-on business coaching and incubation services. The Accelerator works to prepare entrepreneurs to sell their product or service and pitch their business to investors with the goal of seeing participants launch their businesses during the program.
“Helping launch and grow new technology-related businesses is core to the mission of the Technology Business Center,” Pam Boehm, the SDTBC’s client services manager, said in a release. “Through the SDTBC Accelerator, entrepreneurs learn from and connect with accountants, business attorneys, IP attorneys, finance experts, management experts and investors. At the end of the process they have refined their businesses and are better positioned to launch and achieve success.”
The 2012 Accelerator program will include:
- Milestones payments of $2,000 per individual or $3,000 per team, awarded incrementally
- A one-week Accelerator Boot Camp
- Development of an entrepreneurial success plan with timelines and milestones
- A three-month incubation period (May-August)
- Three monthly group follow-up sessions
- The possibility of Dakota Seeds funded internships