Prairie Moves: Airport Life, eDossea, RecBob and moreMarch 27, 2012 by Danny Schreiber
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact email@example.com.
- Roundscapes (Lincoln, Neb.) relaunched as 42, a digital agency and software lab, and closed a $1.5 million, multi-year round of funding from Nelnet (Lincoln) and Nebraska Global (Lincoln) – Press Release, SPN and Lincoln Journal Star
- Sojern (San Francisco-based, Omaha office), a travel data and media company, raised $7.5 million in additional funding from its growing list of venture backers, including new investors, Industry Ventures (San Francisco) – Press Release, TechCrunch and SPN
- Shane Neuerburg (Osage, Minn.), formerly CTO of Dwolla, in no longer with Dwolla (Des Moines) – Shane Neuerburg blog and SPN
- Dan Stratman (Kansas City) launched Airport Life – Apple App Store, Airport Life website and Kansas City Business Journal – the app was developed by Twentyseven Global – Twentyseven Global blog
- OneLouder (Kansas City) launched ChannelCaster, a personalized news app, in the Apple App Store – ChannelCaster wesbite, Press Release and OneLouder blog
Product/Business Development and Milestones
- Newsy (Columbia, Mo.) rolled out apps for Windows Phone, MeeGo and Symbian Smartphones – Press Relase and Newsy Video
- West Des Moines Business Incubator welcomed five new companies – Des Moines Register
- Think Big Partners (Kansas City) – Loosecubes: “bizperc or Bust: How a Kansas City Incubator is Forging a Path to Entrepreneurship“
- AgLocal (Overland Park, Kan.) – TechCrunch: “Inside The NewMe Accelerator 2012 Startup House [TCTV]“
- eDossea (Des Moines) – Des Moines Register: “Tech spotlight: eDossea, West Des Moines entrepreneur creates online dental record database“
- RecBob (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) – News 33: “New company drives in from SXSW for special demo at Happy’s Running Club tonight“
- Dwolla (Des Moines) – MSNBC News on Main: “Is Dwolla the Next PayPal?“
- Nebraska Entrepreuer: “Entrepreneurship for Engineers class off to a great start“
- Des Moines Register: “Earlham teen finds profit in mobile app class project“
- Business 380: “Social Media: Why should you care about SXSW“
- 21times: “Des Moines: A New Startup Hub?“
- Nebraska Entrepreneur: “Midwest Entrepreneurship Conference is all about action“
- Jeff Slobotski of Silicon Prairie News – Daily Brink: “Jeff Slobotski, Silicon Prairie Pioneer“
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- Kansas City Business Journal: “Google Fiber should have to play by the same rules, cable operators say“
- Jack Perry of Syncbak (Marion, Iowa): “Hollywood“
- Mark Daggett (Kansas City): “The Minimally Viable Party“
- Des Moines Register: “A selfish generation? Or a new one with a cause? Des Moines’ Millenials take umbrage at claim they are disengaged, issuing a wake-up call for the future“
- Des Moines Register: “19-year-old wants to document the startup culture“
- Iowa State University: “Engineer discloses Iowa State’s 4,000th invention for possible commercialization“
Credits: Photo by Sebastian via Flickr