What is Prairie Moves?
Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email email@example.com. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dundee Venture Capital (Omaha) participates in Bullet Time Ventures (Boulder, Col.) new $28 million fund – Dundee Venture Capital blog and SPN
- Blue Compass Interactive (Des Moines) launched i2iowa website and web app – i2iowa.org and Blue Compass blog
- Oxide Design (Omaha) designed and developed a WordPress-powered website for the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce’s Greater Omaha Young Professionals – omahayp.org and Nebraska Creative
Product/Business Development and Milestones
- Automotive Technology Services (Overland Park, Kan.) selected the Kansas City area for its headquarters – Press Release, Kansas City Business Journal and SPN
- Syncbak (Marion, Iowa) rolled out one of its early mobile TV channels, KHQ-TV in Spokane, Wash. – KHQ-TV
- Sojern (Omaha) received U.S. patent for method to provide customized messages to travelers – Press Release
- OneLouder (Kansas City) updated its SportCaster app with coverage for the 2012 NCAA basketball tournament, baseball (MLB), soccer (MLS) and eight major European football leagues along with a variety of performance enhancements – Press Release
- IP Pathways (Des Moines) opened an office in Overland Park, Kan. – Kansas City Business Journal
- Social Money Systems’ (Des Moines) SmartyPig’s cash rewards card now offers 1 percent cash-back on all purchases – Press Release and SmartyPig blog
- SocialVolt (Overland Park, Kan.) partnered with DigitalMailer, a provider of digital communication to the financial institution industry – Press Release
- Torsion Mobile (Des Moines) and Business Innovation Zone (Des Moines) – Des Moines Register: “Young techies snag headlines, but most entrepreneurs are older“
- Torsion Mobile (Des Moines) – Des Moines Business Record: “Innovative Companies: Torsion Mobile“
- Tej Dhawan of StartupCity Des Moines – Des Moines Business Record: “A Closer Look: Tej Dhawan“
- Pipeline (Kansas City) – Thinking Bigger Media: “Pipeline Leads to Success“
- AgLocal (Kansas City) – GigaOm: “AgLocal: For when you really want to know where your meat comes from“
- TableNabbr (Des Moines) – Des Moines Register: “Des Moines-based app helps diners find open tables at restaurants“
- VoterTide (Des Moines) – BetaKit: “Startups Trying to Improve the Political Process“
- Dwolla (Des Moines) – Rick Vosper Marketing Services: “Let’s Put $15 Million Per Year Back into Retailer;s Pockets…And 7.5 Million Into Advocacy’s.” and Freakonomics: “Some Links We Like“
- Drone Journalism Lab at University of Nebraska-Lincoln – The Washington Times: “Out of ‘hobby’ class, drones lifting off for personal, commercial use“
- PitchBurner (Lincoln) – Nebraska Entrepreneur: “PitchBurner hopes to improve business competitions nationwide“
- BodyViz (Ames, Iowa) – WFC Courier: “Virtual reality technology gives anatomy students better picture“
- Zaarly (San Francisco-based, Kansas City office) – Business Insider: “What Is Collaborative Consumption?“
- LiveOn (Kansas City) – Think Big Partners: “Think Big Radio 005 – LiveOn“
Stay tuned to SPN for a roundup post of Silicon Prairie at SXSW activity, or see our past coverage.
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the Social Media Club of Kansas City, the Mayors’ Bistate Innovations Team and others teamed up to roll out a new GoogleConnectsKC.com – googleconnectskc.com and Press Release
- T8 Webware (Cedar Falls, Iowa) will receive the Harold Brock Innovation Award from the Greater Cedar Valley Alliance & Chamber – Cedar Valley Business Monthly Online
- Matt Waite (Lincoln, Neb.): “Toward a solution to the more tech in J-school problem“
- Sarah Snyder of Think Big Kansas City: “My Top 6 Takeaways from the Austin Global Coworking Unconference Conference“
- Local Ruckus (Kansas City): “Introducing Local Ruckus” (Video)
- Social Media Club of Kansas City: “Recap: Building Your Internal Publishing Department“
- Angel Investor Tax Credits are now effective in Iowa – Iowa Economic Development Authority
- Think Big Partners selected 10 Midwest startups for its Silicon Valley Bank Showcase – Press Release
- Ignite Lincoln released videos: “The Startup Visa: Helping The World’s Entrepreneurs Create American Jobs” and “Silicon Valley To The Silicon Prairie“
- Nebraska Summit on Entrepreneurship released video: “Steve Kiene – Closing Keynote“
- Joe Olsen of Phenomblue (Omaha) is participating on a panel at OMMA Global this month – “Cracking the QR Code: A Primer on Mobile 2D Scanning“
Credits: Photo by Christine via Flickr