Watch the final pitches from Startup Weekend KC live at 4:45 p.m.November 18, 2012 by Michael Stacy
Tickets for tonight’s event, which includes dinner, cost $15 and can be purchased online. But for those who can’t make it to the Kauffman Foundation, a live stream of the event is available (embed above).
Teams formed on Friday and have spent the weekend building on business ideas and preparing pitches for tonight’s finale. Sixteen teams have made it through the weekend, and tonight each will give a five-minute pitch and answer a few minutes of questions from judges, who will hand out awards at the end of the evening.
The 16 teams are listed below in the order that they will present tonight. The descriptions are courtesy of a Saturday phone interview with SWKC organizer Erin Likins.
For more on Startup Weekend Kansas City, see our previous post: “Meet the 17 teams of Startup Weekend Kansas City”. To join the conversation about Startup Weekend Kansas City on Twitter, use the hashtag #KCSW.
- Clusterfunk - A tool that helps startups with market research and customer validation
- Soldier Up - A service that helps veterans and entrepreneurs connect
- Do or Donate - An app to help motivate users to complete tasks by donating money to specific causes for unfulfilled tasks
- Deal District - A service for opting out of advertisements in mobile apps but receiving notifications of deals from nearby businesses
- Kansas City Culture Crawl - An app that creates a scavenger hunt for unique places in the city
- eFarm - A company that helps consumers partner with local farmers to order and track food grown for them
- WaZoo - An application that provides real-time notifications of events taking place for patrons of zoos, amusement parks and other attractions
- PassDefense - A service that offers secure password authentication
- BroVille - An app that provides dating and relationship advice to men
- WtfBing - A tool for getting promo codes through social networks
- E-Beacons - A location-based mobile app for public safety and emergency response
- Fix It Button - A company providing tech support for people that aren’t tech savvy
- Shop Startup - A service that connects people to startups that have unique ideas for holiday gift-giving
- Art Force - A website designed to provide artists and creatives business assistance
- 20 Happy - An online provider of eye wear
- Lisn - A tool for finding, managing and transferring podcasts