Artists and creatives, Big Kansas City wants youJuly 10, 2014 by Caleb Ulffers
We’re heading into year two of Big Kansas City, and looking forward to sharing your stories and those of our speakers over the next few weeks. All of this wouldn’t be possible without our content partner, Pinsight Media+. They are a pioneer in mobile media with deep entrepreneurial roots. Their team brings leadership, experience and global awareness to Kansas City’s booming startup community. To learn more or talk with our friends at Pinsight, email Serge Bushman, email@example.com.
With the event held inside an airplane hangar, you could guess that we take atmosphere very seriously. Every year we invite local artists to apply to have their work featured at Big Kansas City. These installations are a key piece of providing a unique atmosphere that reflects the spirit of the conference.
This year we are exploring the connections between creativity and technology. Artists, including painters, architects, musicians, 3D printing companies, or anyone else interested in doing something awesome, should take inspiration from this concept.
And so, this is the official call for artists at Big Kansas City 2014. Creative people of the region, let us know how you think you can be involved, and maybe we can stop, collaborate and listen (to your brand new invention?) Applications are due by August 8th.
What we’re looking for
We’re open to a plethora of ideas, but here are a few things we’re looking for when we select our featured artists:
- Installations that engage and encourage interaction among attendees
- Art that calls to mind our focus on innovation and entrepreneurship
- New ideas that push the envelope for a conference experience
- Exhibitions that can be shared (e.g. tweeted, facebooked, instagramed, or snapped)
What we provide
- Complimentary ticket ($599 value)
- Exposure on Big Kansas City website and through social media to all of our followers
- Coverage on Silicon Prairie News
Past art installations at Big Events