First Startup Drinks Lincoln happening Thursday, April 1
This guest post was written by Toby Schroder, president of Fierce Robot and organizer of Startup Drinks Lincoln. The weather is breaking and what better way to celebrate the last snow melting than with a proper pint of your favorite oat soda while chatting with like-minded, rad Lincoln people, yes I said rad, I'm bringing
This guest post was written by Toby Schroder, president of Fierce Robot and organizer of Startup Drinks Lincoln. As future Startup Drinks Lincoln dates are set, Toby will be guest posting on Silicon Prairie News to get the word out.
The weather is breaking and what better way to celebrate the last snow melting than with a proper pint of your favorite oat soda while chatting with like-minded, rad Lincoln people, yes I said rad, I’m bringing it back. Since it is our first event, lets go over the basics (some answers totally borrowed from Startup Drinks Atlanta, I couldn’t say it better):
What is Startup Drinks?
- A drinking group with a startup problem
- A low key, unstructured group drinking (coffee, beer or spirits) event that happens in cities across the world
- Therapy for startup junkies (you don’t have two days to go to a conference, but you do have two hours and would love to stay involved in the community)
Who can or should attend?
- Any entrepreneur (any industry/any stage)
- Anyone that’s inclined to become an entrepreneur
- Anyone that works with a startup company
- Anyone that’s inclined to work for a startup company
- Anyone that is interested in startup companies/entrepreneurs
Why should you spend your precious time at Startup Drinks Lincoln?
- You are a startup junkie and need a group for support
- You have a successfully started a company and want to help others on their way
- You are starting a company and would like some assistance
- You have all these ideas but don’t know where to start
- You just love talking about this stuff and you’re significant other is sick of hearing about it
Whatever your reason, I hope you can make Startup Drinks Lincoln part of your monthly schedule. No charge, or speakers, or agenda, just a group of marketers, geeks and entrepreneurs getting together for a couple hours to have some drinks and talk about what we’re obsessing about. Who knows, you could find your next business partner or get the advice you need to start your company at one of our events. Hope to see you there!
- Date: Thursday, April 1
- Time: 7 – 9 p.m.
- Where: Dino’s Eastside Grille (2901 South 84th Street #16)
We have the party room reserved just tell the host you’re there for Startup Drinks.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.