Prairie Moves: Sporting News looks at Sporting Innovations tech
Lead Read: "Sporting Kansas City's business plan could revolutionize American sports" - Sporting News recaps the success and reveals the ambitions of Sporting Kansas City and its technology spin-off, Sporting Innovations. Quotable: "During the week of August 27 – September 1 …
What is Prairie Moves?
Published Tuesdays and Fridays, Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News.
“Sporting Kansas City’s business plan could revolutionize American sports” – Sporting News recaps the success and reveals the ambitions of Sporting Kansas City and its technology spin-off, Sporting Innovations.
“During the week of August 27 – September 1, we had more than 105 million clip views. During the same week last year, that number was only 39 million.” – Hudl shares stats behind the use of Hudl.com. – Hudl blog
- The U.S. Department of Commerce awarded a $1 million grant to fund the creation of a proof of concept center, known as “the Digital Sandbox,” that seeks to spur the development of technology startups in the Kansas City area – U.S. SourceLink, SPN and Kansas City Star
Product & Business Updates
- Think Big Partners announced the six startups accepted into its first accelerator class – Press Release, SPN and Kansas City Business Journal
- k12itc, a cloud computing company focused exclusively on K-12 education, announced plans to expand its operations in Kansas City, Mo. – Press Release
- Dwolla is Growing in NYC – Dwolla
- Angel Capital Group launched a new website – theangelcapitalgroup.com
- Sporting Innovations – Sporting Kansas City’s business plan could revolutionize American sports – Sporting News
- Truckily – Truckily Accelerating At Ark Challenge – Nibletz
- Appy Hour: Developments On The Silicon Prairie – KCUR
- Plains Angels Investor Group Explained – Plains Angels
- Boyd Ober Advice on Being a Serial Entrepreneur – Nebraska Entrepreneur
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- Google Fiber Issues Public Challenge: Get Up To Speed! – Time
- Google puts KC in digital divide spotlight – Kansas City Star
- 42, a digital agency and software lab, won three gold W3 Awards for its 2011 digital campaign for Duncan Aviation – 42
- The Des Moines Business Record’s “Best of Des Moines” list named Dwolla the “Tech Startup with the Brightest Future” and the “Small Company with the Brightest Future,” and Ben Milne of Dwolla the “Up and Coming Business Leader”- Business Record
- Grain & Mortar Turns 1 Year Old – Grain & Mortar
- Observations from the Backlog Management Team (aka Spencer Farley) – Don’t Panic Labs
- Behind the Scenes of Hudl.com – Hudl
- Integration Highlight: PayTap – Dwolla
- Why are Tickets $75? – Startup Weekend Omaha
- Ben Milne of Dwolla to speak at Compute Midwest – Kansas City IT Professional
- “Silicon Prairie” gets a mention on The Office – SPN
- The Internet 2012 Bus Tour announced its stops through the Midwest – reddit blog
- Hammerspace is the maker movement’s local HQ – The Pitch
Credits: Screenshot from sportingnews.com
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Sign up to receive daily updates in your inbox.