- Name: Leah Ashley
- Full Time Jobs and Titles: Designing for and running Leah Ashley Designs (as of four weeks ago — before that I was an Assistant Merchandiser at Brodkey’s Jewelry in Omaha)
- City you are blogging from: Omaha
1. What is the name, subject and URL of your blog?
The name of my blog is just Leah Ashley Designs and in it I talk about jewelry news, advice I have for consumers, and my own designs and inspirations. The URL of my blog is LeahAshleyDesigns.com/blog.
2. Why do you blog?
I blog because I think it is important to educate consumers about jewelry, how to buy, where to buy, what to buy, and what there is for them to buy. The younger generation does more research and gets better educated about the products they buy so I want to help them with jewelry. It also makes my job of creating custom jewelry easier if my customers know what they are looking for or looking at.
3. How long have you been blogging and what blogging software do you use?
I have had my blog for about eight months but have only been really vigilant about posting everyday recently.
4. What’s your favorite blog (besides your own)?
I’m really just getting into reading other people’s blogs but I really like AGOutLoud.com which is “Anne Good’s Daily Dog Blog” and JewelryBlogUncovered.com which is “The Jewelry Blog.” The first gives good advice and has fun stories and things about dogs which is fun and the second is a great blog if you are into jewelry because the person who writes it is always finding all kinds of different jewelry by different designers to write about.
5. What do you think the state of the blogosphere is in our region?
I don’t know how to answer this question. I know there are a lot of people in this area who blog and a lot of people who read blogs which would probably mean that the blogosphere is doing just fine around here.