Photo by Dusty Davidson, taken somewhere on I-80 between Des Moines and Omaha.
Published every Tuesday, Prairie Moves keeps our readers informed about career moves, media coverage, product development, and more from the companies and individuals we cover on Silicon Prairie News.
If you or your company would like to submit one of the items below for our next Prairie Moves post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve these posts or any of our coverage, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Tripleseat (Boston HQ with offices in Omaha) received $500k in funding from Dundee Venture Capital (Omaha) – via tripleseat.com (disclosure)
- Tripleseat (Boston HQ with offices in Omaha) funding covered by TechCrunch: Tripleseat: Building the Next OpenTable Outside the Valley System & Omaha World-Herald: Tripleseat Software gets Omaha funding
- Dwolla (Des Moines) funding covered by The Atlantic: Use Dwolla to Send Money Over the Internet, Yahoo! News: Pay your friends on Facebook and Twitter with Dwolla, and Midventures Technology Partners: Iowa-Based Dwolla Takes Its Payment Platform National,
- Dwolla (Des Moines) blogged about by Josh Fleming of Ad Mavericks (Des Moines): Greatest Social Media Story Ever Told
- Technology Association of Iowa (TAI) Holiday TechBrew photographed by the Des Moines Register: Technology Iowa Holiday TechBrew
- Neil Roberts, Daniel Shipton and Igor Dobrosavljevic of BitMethod (Des Moines) featured on front cover of upcoming issue of Juice: Cover Shoot: The new wave
- RDQLUS Creative (Omaha) designed a logo and identity for Batch Granola (Omaha) – via rdqlus.com
- New BLK helped launched a new brand called Real Life Insured – they created the identity, first phase website and a video called “Tubesteak Opera” – via necreative.typepad.com
- Graduate students from University of Nebraska at Omaha Capstone in Management Information Systems course built a secure online video interview distribution system (VIDS) prototype for Project Harmony (Omaha) – via unomaha.edu/news/releases
- Zach Leatherman will be a guest lecturer for University of Nebraska–Omaha‘s Spring 2011 course on Mobile App Development, his session will be titled “HTML5 Vs Native Apps” – via twitter.com/zachleat
- Hudl (Lincoln) will be making the sports clinic rounds: Clinic Season is Here. Will We See You There?
- Ninth Division (Omaha) participated in a Teambox Case Study: Andy Peters of Ninth Division speaks on Collaboration – via ninthdivision.com/blog
- Geoff Wood of Silicon Prairie News interviewed for BankRate.com article: Want a coupon? There’s an app for that