Prairie Moves is a roundup of career changes, media coverage, product development and other updates from the companies and individuals regularly covered by Silicon Prairie News. To submit an item for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
“Want Superfast Google Internet? Book a $49 Night at the Hacker House” – Wired covered the emergence of the Homes for Hackers house on Airbnb (above).
— Ben Milne (@bpmilne) December 13, 2012
– Dwolla founder Ben Milne tests our his startup’s new feature, Pound Dwolla, with a tweet to Justin Bieber.
- Hillary Brown joined Blue Compass Interactive as an online marketing associate – Blue Compass Interactive blog
- Dave Shields joined Trellie as vice president of business development – Tellie newsletter
- Allea Grummert, formerly of Eleanor Creative, joined Reliant Studios as production coordinator
- Dustin Roster joined Clickstop as a sales specialist – Press Release
- Nikki Dudley joined Clickstop in the role of culture/wellness coordinator – Press Release
- Jon Larson and Jobe Heick joined Clickstop’s warehouse and fulfillment team – Press Release
- Sarah Barron of Clickstop was promoted to vice president of marketing – Press Release
- Tom Altman of Clickstop was promoted to director of e-commerce – Press Release
- Denver-based Adam Griffin teamed up with Think Big Partners to launch Bodeefit, a health and fitness app on the Windows 8 platform – bodeefit.com and Press Release
Product and business updates
- What Cheer has joined Bay Area startup Pack – What Cheer blog, Pack blog and SPN
- Dwolla rolled out Pound Dwolla, a feature that lets users send money via Twitter – Dwolla blog, The Next Web, Mobile Payments Today, Bank Technology News, The Street and WebProNews
- Hudl introduced mobile highlights – Hudl blog
- Torison Mobile integrated PayPal payment tools in Mojaba – Press Release
- Torsion Mobile released Mojaba version 1.15 – Torsion Mobile blog
- Goodsmiths – “Crafty Christmas: Site Markets Handmade Goods” – WHO TV
- MindMixer – “2013 Trend: Social Media Will Get Bigger” – Inc.
- Bettrlife – “Urbandale’s BettrLife one of 8 included in Aetna health, wellness app” – Des Moines Register
- Social Media Contrators – “Obama tries a hashtag to avoid the fiscal cliff” – Marketplace
- “Sprint Nextel tries to restart, reconnect with Kansas City-area startups” – Kansas City Business Journal
- “How Boulder Grew Into a Hub for Start-Ups” – New York Times DealBook
Gig Bits is an occasional feature keeping our readers up to speed on Google Fiber. Read Gig Bits.
- “Want Superfast Google Internet? Book a $49 Night at the Hacker House” – Wired
- The Midlands Business Journal named David Arnold of MindMixer and Chad Eacker of Delinea Design to its 2012 “40 Under 40” list, and it honored Becky App and Abby Jordan of eCreamery as Young Entrepreneurs of the Year.
- “Where The Hell Are We Going?” – Naithan Jones
- “Welcome to the New World Café!” – Change
- “Bailouts, Part Two” – Christian Renaud
- “StopMotion | MindMixer” – SecretPenguin
- Technology Association of Iowa opened nominations for its Prometheus Awards – Submit a nomination
- “Kauffman’s Hottest Trending Content in 2012: Research Reports, Infographics and Video Sketchbooks” – Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
Credits: Screenshot from airbnb.com
Prairie Moves are brought to you by Polsinelli Shughart PC
When it comes to technology, last week’s innovations are this week’s past practice. Polsinelli technology attorneys work on a daily basis with clients creating or using innovative technology. We understand each client’s business and provide value every step of the way. Check out our Science and Technology Law Group to learn more information.